HVAC Duct Cleaning Technician
With over 90 years of continuously servicing the Western New York/ Buffalo region we’ve grown a strong base of loyal clients through delivery of market leading services at the best possible value. This approach allows Zenner & Ritter, Inc. to maintain healthy operations even during the leanest times. Our goal is to offer careers, not just “jobs”.
Let’s Get Right to the Good Part: What We Offer
- Competitive Pay ($16-17/hr depending on experience) and a great team to work with!
- Access to Health, Vision, & Dental, Employee Assistance Program, and “Work Perks” Discounts and Health & Wellness within 1 month of starting.
- Learn new technology, our best-in-class software for our team, integrated on iPhones & iPads
- PTO, (upon eligibility), 6 paid holidays, (after 90 days), Aflac, (60 days), 401k, (1 year)
- Best-in-Industry training, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Technicians may be eligible for bonuses/spifs on certain sales
Immediate need for a Home Services Apprentice
Looking to get into the HVAC industry?
Are you mechanically inclined?
Want the opportunity to learn from the best?
Why We Need You!
Because we offer top-of-the-line products and services, we need a top-of-the-line apprentice who genuinely cares about the customer and looks at this opportunity as not just a job, but a career.
The Big Task
Apprentices help and assist the lead technicians complete jobs according to contract and code requirements. The apprentice position may be tasked to assist in any department on any given day (plumbing, generators, or HVAC). This position provides the opportunity for advancing to a lead technician, service technician, or office roles.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires mechanical ability, a customer-centered attitude, and an interest in advancement. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate an understanding / have paid work experience with forced air furnaces / central air systems.
· Maintain communication with dispatch, your manager, the parts department and the installation team.
· Assisting the warehouse in delivery of equipment & parts to ensure timely completion of jobs
· You will need to be on call occasionally.
· Maintain a clean and professional appearance so you don’t scare customers away.
· Because you will be driving our trucks, we need you to have and maintain a clean driving record/valid driver's license.
· Participate in training so that you grow and develop as a professional.
The Duct Cleaning Technician Apprentice provides maintenance on newer residential heating and air conditioning systems according to company standards while providing the customer with a high-quality experience. (0–1 year experience) Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate an understanding / have paid work experience with forced air furnaces / central air systems.
► Primary responsibilities:
● Club member and revenue maintenance calls as well as parts/component replacement calls.
● Accurately documents:
○ Age and type of each system component on invoices.
○ Services completed.
○ Invoices and costs for service.
● Debrief service call with dispatch after each service call.
● Wear floor savers (shoe covers) while working in client homes.
● Inspect area for cleanliness after job completion.
● Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
● Always maintain a professional image by:
○ Wearing only company approved apparel.
○ Following safety policies and procedures.
○ Abiding by all standards of performance and code of ethics.
○ Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
○ Respecting the customer’s property.
● Participate in ALL company-sponsored training classes.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
● Solid communication and customer service skills.
● Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
● Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
► Educational/certification requirements:
● GED or High School Diploma.
● PREFERRED: Associate degree in related field.
► Environmental conditions:
● Extreme temperatures (we operate outdoors year-round)
● Climbing, heavy lifting, loud noise, crawling, working in confined spaces (attics, crawl spaces), pushing/pulling, carrying equipment, bending, turning, kneeling.
► Physical requirements:
● Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
● Ability to work in confined spaces and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units.
● Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
● Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
● Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.
Zenner & Ritter is one of Western New York's largest residential home services providers with locations in Lancaster and Buffalo. Equal Opportunity Employer